Shipping & Returns
Shipping normally takes a week. Please email us directly if you have any special delivery date requests.
Our licensed The One Ring and The Chain of Frodo Baggins are normally ready to ship within 1-2 days of your order. Most of our other jewellery including the Replica Ring, Elvish Love Rings, The Wanderers Circle and The Nelson Ring are made to order with a lead time of about 2-5 weeks before shipping.
Free Shipping for Orders over NZ$449-
Any order whose total value (including NZ GST if applicable) exceeds NZ$449- or equivalent qualifies for Free Shipping (using either standard Courier in NZ or Fedex International Priority outside of New Zealand) which will be automatically applied during the Checkout process.
Please note that Free Shipping covers only the carrier transportation costs and not specific destination country regulatory costs such as customs duty, levies, and sales taxes, and/or customs clearance and brokerage fees.
We Ship Worldwide with DHL
You can choose shipping from DHL so you can have confidence that your order will be trackable and delivered in the shortest possible time.
Your can optionally choose to protect your order from loss, damage or theft with package insurance from route.com Add Route+ at Checkout and unlock full package protection and seamless 1-click claims filing in the unlikely event of any issue with your shipment.
Places We Can't Ship To
We can ship to most countries worldwide. At the moment we are unable to ship to India, Indonesia, Greece, Montenegro, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Romania, Russia, Mexico & Portugal due to their government's rules or excessive duties on jewellery. This is not an exhaustive list and during the Checkout process we will let you know if we are unable to ship to your country. Please feel free to email us for advice and options if your country is not supported on our website.
UK Minimum Package Over Value Limit Post-Brexit
Due to United Kingdom HM Customs VAT processing changes post-Brexit we now have a NZD $269- minimum order value requirement for packages shipping to the UK. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience this may cause.
We Don't Take Chances with Your 'Precious' Package
Yes - we could offer cheap international airmail shipping with the postal service but how would you feel if you found out your package was uninsured and untrackable?! It is just not worth it to save a few dollars.
Pay no more than NZ$109- shipping to anywhere in the World for Worry-Free Delivery
Once your item has been crafted and is ready for shipping the typical transit times are as follows:
|New Zealand||NZ$9.99-||CourierPost typically overnight for delivery next working day. (Rural addresses may take a day longer.)|
|Australia||NZ$35-||Typically takes 3-5 working days.|
Typically takes 5-7 days working days, but cannot be a PO Box address or APO/FPO.
|Rest of the World||NZ$69-||
Typically takes 5-7 days working days. Available to most countries, but cannot be a PO Box address.
|Higher Delivery Cost Countries||NZ$109-||
Some countries have higher shipping charges and you will see the cost during Checkout. Typically takes 5-7 working days.
All our shipment methods are tracked until destination and a signature is requested on delivery. We don't risk shipping with untraceable services.
Customs Duty & Tax
If your shipment is being delivered anywhere other than New Zealand then we deduct NZ GST from the price but you are responsible for paying any regulatory fees associated with receiving your shipment. This may include customs clearance and brokerage, administration fees, sales tax, GST or VAT, duties or levies imposed by Customs for importing goods into your country. If in doubt, check with your local post office, DHL or government customs office.
For any other enquiry, please contact us directly.
If for some reason you are not completely satisfied then we would gladly refund the price of your purchase – less our shipping and handling costs – as soon as you have safely returned the item to us.
Notification of return needs to be completed within 14 days of receiving the goods.
Please note, however, that we are unable to refund any customs duties or import taxes you may have incurred with your country's authorities.
Also, under the Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand we are not legally required to give you a refund or replacement if you have just changed your mind, however, for online orders and clients purchasing sight unseen we offer the 14 day change of mind period above, provided goods are not customized and/or personalized.
To guarantee safe return we would strongly recommend using an insured courier service such as DHL, Fedex etc.
Engraved, Special or Custom Orders are final and cannot be exchanged or returned except for sizing & minor modifications, which will be chargeable, if these are in fact possible for the item in question.
- Please contact us by email to explain the problem. If necessary we will then issue you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- The procedure is to the send the package back to us by some form of courier e.g. DHL. Please make sure the package is insured in case of any loss and please label the Customs declaration “Returned Faulty Merchandise” and enclose a copy of the original invoice you got from us if you still have it.
- Once we have safely received your package, then provided you have the RMA number we will then refund the cost of your purchase less our original shipping cost. If your original order was shipped free of charge we reserve the right to deduct the actual cost incurred by us per the shipping cost table above.
- We reserve the right to not accept a return and may require a restocking or repair fee if the item has been damaged or requires alteration.
- We are unable to refund any customs duties or import taxes you may have incurred with your country's authorities. Higher value returns may also incur non-refundable Customs Clearance charges from the New Zealand Government on arrival. We will deduct this fee from any refund in the case of a return or add it to the reshipping charges for a resized, exchanged or modified item.
- If you purchased your item with Paypal please be aware that if we refund your order Paypal will not refund us their original fee - typically a 4% charge to us - so we reserve the right to retain this amount from any refund we make to you on a Paypal purchase to cover this cost.
Once work has commenced on an Engraved, Special or Custom Order it cannot be cancelled. All other orders may be cancelled if we receive your notification before the goods are shipped.
Christmas Shipping Deadlines
Please see here for our Christmas shipping deadlines.